Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Farmer Cheese Bars (Ukrainian Syrnik Cake)

Trim Healthy Mama / Keto / Low Carb / Gluten Free / Sugar Free


Syrnik is a very popular Ukrainian dessert and there are so many variations of it. I have been craving it lately and decided to recreate and 'trimify' it. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Ingredients 

1lb sweet farmer cheese
5 egg whites (large eggs)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Almond Crust

Instructions 

1. Preheat oven to 350.

 In a bowl of a stand mixer beat egg whites until still peaks form.

2. In a separate bowl combine cheese, vanilla extract and baking powder (and more sweetener if you like your desserts sweeter), cheese mixture should be smooth. 

3. Once the egg whites have reached their peak add the cheese mixture and VERY gently, using a spatula mix until combined. Mixture should look very light and fluffy. 

 

4. Transfer the cheese mixture into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of the pan is set. The 'cake' will not brown, it will remain white.












Top your bars with either frozen or fresh fruit. My favorite is sliced strawberries with sweetener. The strawberries will release their juice almost turning it into a sauce. It's so delicious.



If you make this or any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram I love seeing your take on my favorites. 

Please leave a review here and follow me on Instagram at @mytrimkitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment