Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Cardamom and Cinnamon Latte

Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Pull / Sugar Free


If you have been following me for any length of time or know me personally you know my LOVE for coffee. What I really need to do is go work for a coffee company. I have no shame in saying that a good cup of coffee makes me really happy. Because I'm a coffee snub (I'm almost not ashamed to say this either) I have a REALLY hard time going out for coffee, coffee shops coffee doesn't compare to what I can make at home for a fraction of the price, plus it's sugar free. Over the last few days I have been on this cardamom and cinnamon latte kick, this latte definitely has a little Middle Eastern kick to it. 


Ingredients for the Latte

2 shots of espresso (I use coffee)
2 tbsp of cashew milk
2 tbsp of half & half
3/4 tsp Pyure sweetener
cardamom for garnish
cinnamon for garnish

Instructions to make the Latte

1. Fill a portafilter with espresso (or in my case coffee), run your finger around the edges to remove any access coffee grinds, insert and lock the portafilter.


2. Take a cup that you will be using to make your latte (a glass cup makes for a beautiful latte) and add the sweetener, cashew milk and half & half. Steam the milk until it's nice and frothy, moving your cup from side to side.

 

3. When the milk is frothed, take the cup and put in under the portafilter and 'brew the espresso'


4. Garnish with crushed cardamon and cinnamon. For my lattes I use 3 cardamom pods that I crack open and grind. Cardamom is somewhat strong so a little goes a long way. 

 

Enjoy!!!


*** if you leave out the cardamom and cinnamon this latte is the perfect base for ANY flavor, you can make it as fancy or as simple as you like your latte.

If you make this or any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram I love seeing your take on my favorites. 

Please leave a review here and follow me on Instagram at @mytrimkitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment